Start-up Mirriad at the service of brands with In Video Adversiting
Technological innovation : In Video Advertising
Mirriad’s revolutionary In Video Advertising technology is powered by artificial intelligence. This innovation analyzes content to find the most effective advertising placements.
Brands can target an engaged audience with quality advertising campaigns in the medium of their choice. They can also easily extend their campaigns to all TF1 series or programmes.
The Mirriad start-up has 19 patents worldwide. Among them are:
- The technical ability to analyze video content and integrate a visual element while ensuring its editorial continuity. For example, if a bottle of water had to be inserted in several scenes, the start-up’s technology makes it possible to automate the presence of this element in the various chosen scenes;
- Possession of an online catalogue for advertisers and agencies for scene selections;
- Automation of the ad insertion process;
- The ability to select a particular scene, in the absence of the complete episode, leaving the brand free to offer different versions depending on the target audience;
- An evaluation to predict the value of unseen content, a prerequisite for planning, selling and buying inventory.
In order to integrate the brand into the daily life of the French, SEAT, the leading Spanish car manufacturer belonging to the Volkswagen Group, has developed a communication strategy that puts the brand at the centre of multiple television entertainment content.
The objective? Amplify its traditional product placement activity on prime time television in order to increase the KPI of advertising insertions.
Start-up Mirriad then integrated SEAT’s products into the TV series “Demain nous appartient”, broadcast on TF1, in the most relevant scenes, especially those that capture the viewers’ attention. Mirriad’s technology then made it possible to subtly stage the SEAT brand over eight episodes.
SEAT was the first advertiser in France to use the In Video Advertising format. The campaign, developed in collaboration with TF1 and media companies Fuse and Re-Mind PHD, used a variety of visual elements that came to life in various scenes ranging from road signs to web pages on computer screens.
TF1 and Toluna, a global consumer research company, conducted a survey on the effectiveness of in-video advertising. By complementing SEAT’s traditional product placement with Mirriad’s in-video advertising, the study yielded significant results.
Below are the results of the Toluna survey of more than 492 viewers of “Tomorrow Belongs to Us” in April 2019:
- Strong increase in positive opinions about the SEAT brand (+24 percentage points);
- Confidence in brands (+22 percentage points);
- Talking/discussing the SEAT brand (+15 percentage points increase).
This very first campaign enabled SEAT, Mirriad, TF1 Pub, Fuse & Re-Mind PHD to win two French Awards in 2019 : The Advertising Innovation Trophies and the Special Jury Prize of the Data & Creativity Awards.
Mirriad offers digital effects technology, providing revolutionary solutions for feature films. The start-up mainly allows to insert, in a transparent way, various types of elements in post-production sequences. Its award-winning In Video Adversiting technology is now used in advertising and is protected by 19 patents.